Ready For Round-Up? Pendleton Oregon
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND FOR ROUND-UP?
WHERE WILL YOU STAY?
A solid first option for staying in Pendleton is in a hotel. Luckily for you we have a page that shows you all the hotels in Pendleton! It can be found by clicking the places to stay tab in the menu at the top of the page. If you are looking for other options the chamber also has a private housing list. This can be found on The Pendleton Chambers Website, or by clicking here!
HOW WILL YOU GET AROUND?
First step of getting around is getting to Pendleton! To learn more about travel options to get here visit our getting here page. Now once your here how do you get around town? Well we have a fix for that too! Click the button below to download a guide of intercity transportation options for little to no extra cost. You can also visit The City Of Pendleton’s Transportation page to learn even more about transportation options as well!
WHAT DO YOU DO WHILE YOU'RE HERE?
There is so much to do in Pendleton. Even if you plan to make Round-up your primary focus when you are in town, there will still be some spare time. With that said, We have put a recommended two-day itinerary below. Trust us, you won’t regret adding some of these things and maybe more to your personal itinerary for your time in Pendleton.
Day 1: Historical Discovering
1. Breakfast: If you’re looking for homestyle cooking and comfort food, Rainbow Café is a great choice. A warm and inviting atmosphere, where locals and visitors alike gather to start their mornings right.
2. Pendleton Underground Tours: Visitors are taken on guided tours through the underground tunnels, led by knowledgeable tour guides who share fascinating stories about the history of Pendleton, the people, and the role the tunnels played in the town’s development.
3. Heritage Station Museum: The museum features vast exhibits on Native American culture, the Oregon Trail, and the development of the city.
4. Lunch: Pair lunch with a craft beer at Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub. This pub offers a delicious selection of pub food and locally brewed beer.
5. Pendleton Woolen Mills Store and Tour: The Pendleton Woolen Mills is a living museum of craftsmanship, where looms and machines stand alongside stories and traditions. It’s a place where the past and the present are interwoven, creating textiles that are not only beautiful but also deeply resonant with the history they carry. Make sure to stay after your tour and explore the Pendleton Woolen Mill Store, where you can find high-quality wool products. *Call ahead to schedule a tour of the mill.
6. Dinner: In the heart of Pendleton, Hamley Steakhouse transcends being merely a restaurant – it’s an immersive encounter with history, flavor, and a celebration of the West’s enduring legacy.
Day 2: Cultural Exploration
1. Breakfast: Welcome to Roosters Country Kitchen, where breakfast is a symphony of flavors that awaken your senses and set the perfect tone for your day in Pendleton, Oregon.
2. Tamástslikt Cultural Institute: Often referred to simply as Tamástslikt, is a renowned cultural center and museum located on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) near Pendleton. Here you will learn about the history, culture, and traditions of the CTUIR. The museum offers engaging exhibits and interactive displays.
3. The Pendleton Round-Up & Happy Canyon Hall of Fame: This institution pays tribute to the legacy, history, and individuals who have made significant contributions to the Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon Night Show.
4. Lunch: Great Pacific Wine & Coffee Co. is a charming establishment that provides a relaxed and inviting atmosphere where patrons can savor quality beverages and enjoy a variety of lunch choices.
5. Wildhorse Resort & Casino: Head to the Wildhorse Resort & Casino for an evening of entertainment. The resort offers casino gaming as well as a family fun center offering bowling, a cinema, and an arcade.
6. Dinner: Then have dinner at the Wildhorse Resort & Casino. The resort features multiple dining options ranging from casual to upscale. You can enjoy a variety of cuisines, from American classics to Asian-inspired dishes, or for a more upscale dinner, The Plateau offers a fine dining experience within the Wildhorse Resort & Casino. It’s a good idea to check in advance and make a reservation if needed.